Color Of Change PAC Endorses Andrew Gillum for Florida Governor
Gillum is committed to families, safety, education, criminal justice reform
FLORIDA (August 3, 2018) — Color Of Change PAC, the political action committee of the nation’s largest online racial justice group, today endorsed Andrew Gillum as Florida’s next governor. As Mayor of Tallahassee, Gillum is a proven reform-minded leader who as governor will work tirelessly to ensure all Floridians have equal access to opportunity and bring needed reform to a criminal justice system that is neither fair nor just. In addition to today’s endorsement, Color Of Change PAC has endorsed candidates all across the nation who seek to make real lasting change for communities of color.
“Today, Color Of Change PAC is pleased to endorse Andrew Gillum as Florida’s future governor and someone who will represent all Floridians, not just the elite few,” said Color Of Change PAC spokesperson Rashad Robinson. “Today, we stand with Andrew Gillum because he has dedicated his life to fairness and justice. What Florida needs is a candidate who won’t be afraid to challenge the status quo — someone who is committed to criminal justice reform, who will stand up against the gun lobby, who will keep our families together and safe, who cares about education and someone who envisions a bold and proud future where we’ve left no one behind. That candidate is Andrew Gillum.”
Andrew Gillum for Florida Governor
- Gillum has ushered in a new Ban the Box Policy to help former offenders find employment in the city.
- Gillum has led the charge for common sense gun safety policies including, a ban on assault weapons, large capacity magazines, and bump stocks.
- Gillum seeks to abolish ICE and work towards a compassionate and more just immigration policy.
- Gillum will re-enfranchise formerly incarcerated people and appoint judges who reflect Florida’s broad diversity.
- Gllium will advocate for bail reform and the legalization of marijuana.
- Gillum will increase the starting salary for teachers and give teachers the raise they deserve.
- Gillum will restore public school construction funds.
Color Of Change PAC was established to support candidates (and policies) at local and national levels in order to transform the criminal justice system in favor of real justice for all people, particularly those of color. Since its launch, the PAC has mobilized over 5,000 volunteers, contacted and engaged millions of voters, and helped to elect candidates accountable to the Black community. By supporting these races across the nation, the PAC will continue to throw its considerable support behind candidates that understand and respect principles of freedom and justice, regardless of race, gender or socioeconomic status.
Color Of Change PAC is a Political Action Committee focused on building independent Black political power, amplifying Black voices, electing candidates who share our values, and holding them accountable to our communities. For more information on Color Of Change PAC, visit votingwhileblack.com.