Kim FoxxFor Cook County State's Attorney
Update: Cook County State’s Attorney Kim Foxx was re-elected with 54% of the vote 2020 general election vote. Foxx assumed office on December 1, 2016, and her current term ends on December 1, 2024.
In 2016, Cook County ousted Anita Alvarez from her seat as State’s Attorney, ending nearly a decade of corruption. As lead prosecutor, Alvarez covered up police shootings; over-charged thousands of youth; and failed to prosecute corrupt cops.
Kim Foxx (D) defeated Alvarez on the promise of bringing fairness and integrity back to the State’s Attorney’s office. In her first term as State’s Attorney, Foxx has been delivering on her campaign promises. She has a proven track record of implementing meaningful reform while improving public safety.
Kim Foxx has successfully:
- Reduced Cook County’s incarceration rate by nearly 20%. Foxx has sent thousands of accused individuals to rehabilitation programs instead of throwing them behind bars. She has also cleared the names of those wrongfully convicted.
- Provided alternatives for low-level offenses. Foxx’s decision to recommend release for nonviolent people accused of low-level offenses eliminates bias against the poor while ensuring public safety.
- Vacated over 100 cases, leading the nation in exonerations of innocent people.
- Made strides to end the school-to-prison pipeline by providing services for students at risk of incarceration.
- Launched the nation’s first online system on case developments. Foxx has made data public so that anyone can review prosecutorial decisions and case outcomes.
Re-elect State Attorney Kim Foxx on Election Day, Tuesday, November 3, 2020. You must be a registered voter to participate in this election. Register to vote today or check your registration status here .
You don’t need to wait until November to vote! In person early voting begins 2 weeks before the election. You can also vote by mail to cast your ballot safely and securely. The state is mailing absentee-ballot applications to most voters. Election day polling locations will open on November 3 from 6 AM to 7 PM. To find your nearest polling place, here.
Other Important Dates
Ways You Can Participate
Color Of Change PAC is dedicated to increasing Black voter participation to build a powerful Black voting block. We want to make sure that every eligible, Black voter is registered and their vote is accounted for on EVERY election day. Our goal is to ensure that we’re not leaving a single vote behind.
Share our voter guide
Download and share our voter guide for Kim Foxx.
Meet and Greet
Meet with local black business owners (barber shops, beauty salons, insurance agencies, etc.) and share how they can help register voters and how they can help collect Black Voter info to make these races even more competitive.
Donate to help keep our program sustainable. We’re funded by grassroots supportors like you. Recurring donations help ensure we can continute our mission.
Click here to find your polling place, and be sure to vote on Tuesday, March 3rd.