Cori BushU.S. Rep. 1st District of MO
Cori Bush (D) is an activist, nurse, ordained minister, and former teacher. She is running in an election to represent Missouri’s 1st Congressional District which includes all of St. Louis City and much of northern St. Louis County. If elected, Bush will be the first Black woman to serve in the U.S. House of Representatives from Missouri.
Cori Bush is running on a progressive platform to enact federal policies that protect & uplift all people. This includes efforts to:
- Expand access to healthcare by advocating for passage of Medicare for All, eliminating medical debt, reducing prescription drug prices, and increasing the number of doctors, clinics, and hospitals.
- Supporting massive investments in public housing and supporting universal rent control.
- Work to expand employment opportunities, by increasing the minimum wage to $15 per hour, supporting universal basic income, and ending predatory lending practices that exploit communities of color.
- Improving our education system, focusing on efforts to eliminate all $1.6 trillion in college debt, invest in quality K-12 education for all, fight for tuition-free public colleges, universities, and trade schools to include community colleges, HBCUs and MSIs.
- Expand background checks for guns and end the gun-show loophole
This election season, vote Cori Bush to represent Missouri’s 1st Congressional District. Register to vote today or check your registration status below.
Vote early to avoid lines and wait times at the polls. You can cast a ballot safely and securely by voting by mail as soon as possible. Because of the coronavirus pandemic, any voter can request an absentee ballot without an excuse. Election day polling locations will open on November 3 from 6 AM to 7 PM. Remember to bring an acceptable ID to the polls. Find your nearest polling place by visiting the Secretary of State’s website.
Other Important Dates
Ways You Can Participate
Color Of Change PAC is dedicated to increasing Black voter participation to build a powerful Black voting block. We want to make sure that every eligible, Black voter is registered and their vote is accounted for on EVERY election day. Our goal is to ensure that we’re not leaving a single vote behind.
Donate to help keep our program sustainable. We’re funded by grassroots supportors like you. Recurring donations help ensure we can continute our mission.
Click here to find your polling place, and be sure to vote on Tuesday, March 3rd.