Andrew GillumGovernor of Florida
Andrew Gillum (D) is the Mayor of Tallahassee. He was born in Miami Dade County, and he served on the Tallahassee City Commission before being elected mayor. He is currently running for Governor of Florida. He’s the only candidate who is not a self-financed millionaire or billionaire.
Andrew Gillum has a history of progressive leadership.
As Mayor of Tallahassee, Gillum:
- ushered in a new Ban the Box Policy to help former offenders find employment in the city.
- led the charge for more common sense gun safety policies including, but not limited to, a ban on assault weapons, large capacity magazines, and bump stocks.
Andrew Gillum is invested in criminal justice reform.
If elected, Gillum will:
- automatically re-enfranchise formerly incarcerated people and appoint judges who reflect Florida’s diversity.
- advocate for bail reform and the legalization of marijuana.
Andrew Gillum values quality public education.
As Governor, Gillum will:
- increase the starting salary for teachers and give teachers the raise they deserve.
- restore public school construction funds.
- increase SHOP 2.0 vocational training.
Andrew Gillum is passionate about keeping families together.
- it’s time to abolish ICE.
- compassionate immigration policy is possible and necessary.
Other Important Dates
- October 9 Voter Registration Deadline
- Voter Registration Deadline
- Election Day
When you visit the polling booth on the day of the election, you will be asked to provide a valid photo ID with signature, such as your:
- Florida identification card issued by the Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles
- United States passport
- Debit or credit card
- Military identification
- Student identification
If your photo ID does not include your signature, you will be asked to provide another ID that has your signature.
You may apply to register to vote through any of these agencies while accessing their services:
- Florida driver’s license office. You also have the option to submit voter registration information online when you renew your driver’s license online through the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles’ online renewal system. For more information, visit GoRenew.com.
- Tax collector’s office that issues driver’s licenses or Florida identification cards
- Voter registration agency. For more information about who these agencies are, visit our NVRA webpage.
Statewide voter registration application forms are also available at any county Supervisor of Elections office, local library, or any entity authorized by the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission to issue fishing, hunting, or trapping permits.
Early voting locations and times can be found by contacting your local county Supervisor of Elections.
Ways You Can Participate
Color Of Change PAC is dedicated to increasing Black voter participation to build a powerful Black voting block. We want to make sure that every eligible, Black voter is registered and their vote is accounted for on EVERY election day. Our goal is to ensure that we’re not leaving a single vote behind.
Lead a voter registration effort in your neighborhood to make sure that your friends, family and neighbors are registered to vote at their current address.
Bookmark this link on your phone so you can help voters easily check their registration.
MEET AND GREET
Meet with local black business owners (barber shops, beauty salons, insurance agencies, etc.) and share how they can help register voters and how they can help collect Black Voter info to make these races even more competitive
Share our voter guide
Download and share the voter guide we created in support of Andrew Gillum.
Donate to help keep our program sustainable. We’re funded by grassroots supportors like you. Recurring donations help ensure we can continute our mission.
Stay tuned! Color Of Change PAC is coming to Florida, and we’re ready to elect Andrew Gillum!