VanCedric WilliamsFor Oakland School Board, District 3
VanCedric Williams has dedicated his career to educating children in underserved communities. For 20 years, Williams taught students in the San Francisco Unified School District, and after living in Oakland for the past 10 years, he is ready to lead our school board in improving access to high quality education.
As a OUSD school board member representing District 3, Williams has pledged to:
- Institute the community schools model with wrap-around services addressing mental health, socio-emotional, and academic student needs for our community.
- Systematically use racial equity lens in determining all aspects of the district program, including curriculum, personnel policies, and budgeting.
- End school closures and mergers. School closures, co-locations, and mergers are destabilizing entire communities and disrupting students’ engagement and success. These closures have traditionally impacted low-income and minority families the most.
- Design, deliver, and assess student experiences and learning opportunities using a racial and social equity lens. Recruit and retain educators of color.
- Rebuild the trust between OUSD and our community by being transparent and accountable.
This election season, vote VanCedric Williams to represent District 3 for Oakland Unified School District Board of Education. You must be a registered voter to participate in this election. Register to vote today or check your registration status below.
Vote early in person to avoid lines and wait times at the polls. You can also cast your ballot safely and securely by voting by mail as soon as possible. Because of the pandemic, California is automatically mailing ballots to all active voters. Election day polling locations will open on November 3 from 7 AM to 8 PM. Find your nearest polling place here.
Other Important Dates
Ways You Can Participate
Color Of Change PAC is dedicated to increasing Black voter participation to build a powerful Black voting block. We want to make sure that every eligible, Black voter is registered and their vote is accounted for on EVERY election day. Our goal is to ensure that we’re not leaving a single vote behind.
Meet and Greet
Meet with local black business owners (barber shops, beauty salons, insurance agencies, etc.) and share how they can help register voters and how they can help collect Black Voter info to make these races even more competitive.
Donate to help keep our program sustainable. We’re funded by grassroots supportors like you. Recurring donations help ensure we can continute our mission.
Click here to find your polling place, and be sure to vote on Tuesday, March 3rd.