Ilhan OmarCandidate for U.S. Representative of CD5
These Color Of Change PAC-endorsed candidates are committed to making life better for all Minnesotans
Erin Murphy, Candidate for Governor AND Erin Maye-Quade, Candidate for Lieutenant Governor
Erin Murphy is the former Majority Leader of the Minnesota House of Representatives. She is a registered nurse, and the former Executive Director of the Minnesota Nurses Association.
Erin Maye-Quade is a representative for Minnesota district 57A and is the first openly LGBTQ person to be endorsed on the ticket of a major Minnesota political party.
- Murphy and Maye-Quade support a single-payer healthcare solution, opening MinnesotaCare to all, and investing in the healthcare workforce.
- Murphy and Maye-Quade support marijuana legalization that includes record expungement, a process for releasing people who are serving time in jail for nonviolent marijuana offenses, and assistance for those who are released.
- They are both endorsed by the DFL.
Keith Ellison, Candidate for Attorney General
Keith Ellison has represented Minnesota’s 5th congressional district in Congress since 2007. He was the first Muslim elected to the U.S. Congress and currently serves as Deputy Chair of the Democratic National Committee.
- Ellison supports ending money bail as well as reducing incarceration, probation and parole rates and helping people reintegrate into their communities.
Ilhan Omar, Candidate for U.S. Representative of CD5
Ilhan Omar was elected to the Minnesota House of Representatives in 2016. She was the first Somali-American Muslim legislator elected to office in the U.S. She is endorsed by the DFL.
- Omar supports banning private prisons as well as investing in existing alternatives to incarceration and piloting new alternatives.
Mark Haase, Candidate for County Attorney of Hennepin County
Mark Haase is a Coast Guard veteran, former family lawyer and former lobbyist for the state’s Council on Crime and Justice. He co-founded the Second Chance Coalition, which has worked on expungement reform, drug sentencing reform and efforts to Ban the Box. He is endorsed by the DFL.
- Haase supports ending money bail, decriminalizing marijuana, and creating an independent advisory panel for police use of force cases.
Other Important Dates
Ways You Can Participate
Color Of Change PAC is dedicated to increasing Black voter participation to build a powerful Black voting block. We want to make sure that every eligible, Black voter is registered and their vote is accounted for on EVERY election day. Our goal is to ensure that we’re not leaving a single vote behind.
Lead a voter registration effort in your neighborhood to make sure that your friends, family and neighbors are registered to vote at their current address.
Bookmark this link on your phone so you can help voters easily check their registration.
MEET AND GREET
Meet with local black business owners (barber shops, beauty salons, insurance agencies, etc.) and share how they can help register voters and how they can help collect Black Voter info to make these races even more competitive
Share our voter guide
Download and share the voter guide we created in support of these candidates.
Donate to help keep our program sustainable. We’re funded by grassroots supportors like you. Recurring donations help ensure we can continute our mission.
You’ll need to have:
- an email address
- your Minnesota driver’s license or state I.D. card number
To register at your polling place on Election Day, bring one proof of residence listed below.
- Photo ID with current name and address
- Photo ID PLUS a Document with Your
current name and address
- A registered voter who can confirm your address
- College Student id WITH housing list
- Valid registration in the Precinct
- Notice of late registration
- Staff Person of a Residential Facility