Minnesotacandidates committed to justice
Keith Ellison for Attorney General
In his first term as Attorney General, Keith Ellison has established a strong track record of advancing criminal justice reform and holding powerful officials and corporations accountable. As Attorney General, Keith Ellison successfully:
- Held police accountable, leading the prosecution of former Minneapolis police officer Derek Chauvin for the death of George Floyd.
- Protected workers, by creating the first-ever Wage Theft Unit in the AG’s Office to investigate wage theft and other workplace fraud and abuse.
- Took on big pharmaceutical companies for illegally price-fixing medicine and fueling the opioid crisis.
- Advocated for tenants and renters against exploitative and abusive landlords, because every Minnesotan deserves a safe and affordable place to live.
- Created a Conviction Review Unit to exonerate innocent people who have been wrongfully convicted.
- Established a system to help Minnesotans expunge (seal) non-violent charges. Everyone deserves a second chance, and clearing conviction records helps remove barriers to education, employment, and housing.
Color Of Change PAC is again endorsing Ellison because he has proven to be a champion for all Minnesotans. Re-elect Attorney General Keith Ellison by November 8 so that he can continue the work he has started.
Mary Moriarty for Hennepin County Attorney
The County Attorney has an enormous impact on our communities. They have the power to decide who gets charged with crimes and the severity of each prosecution. This is the first election for Hennepin County Attorney since the murder of George Floyd’s murder. We must elect a prosecutor committed to holding police accountable, improving public safety, and serving justice for all.
Mary Moriarty is an experienced attorney who has dedicated her career to public service. For over 30 years, she has delivered justice to Hennepin County as a public defender, and is now running to bring transparency and accountability to the County Attorney’s office. As County Attorney, Mary Moriarty will.:
- Prioritize cases that pose an actual threat to public health and safety
- Build community trust in law enforcement through police accountability.
- Keep our kids out of jail by partnering with schools, families, and others for effective, age-appropriate interventions.
- Examine and address racial bias in traffic stops, arrests, and charging decisions.
- Promote a public health approach to address substance abuse and mental illness.
- Defend reproductive rights and protect abortion access.
- Expand victim-survivor support services to ensure survivors and their families have their voices heard and understand the prosecution’s approach to their case.
We deserve a leader committed to bringing fairness and integrity back to the Hennepin County Attorney’s Office. Mary Moriarty is the right choice for us.
* The Hennepin County Attorney’s race will be on the back of the ballot.
** Polling places are usually open from 7 AM to 8 PM. In elections that are only for cities, towns, and/or school districts, polling places located in the metropolitan area do not have to open until 10 AM. The metropolitan area includes Hennepin County.
We’re also endorsing:
Ilhan Omar for U.S. Representative, 5th congressional district
You must be a registered voter to participate in this election. Register to vote or confirm your registration status here.
Support our Work
Your contribution will support Color Of Change PAC’s volunteer organizing and get out the vote efforts in Minnesota and in critical races across the nation.