Michigancandidates protecting our democracy
Gretchen Whitmer for Governor and Garlin Gilchrist II for Lieutenant Governor
Governor Whitmer and Lieutenant Governor Gilchrist are running for re-election to continue leading Michigan with a focus on improving the economy, creating good-paying jobs, and supporting working families. In her first term as Governor, Gretchen Whitmer has already signed over 900 bipartisan bills to:
- Expand low or no-cost childcare to 105,000 more kids.
- Secured thousands of new jobs across the state.
- Upgraded our water infrastructure and is working to fix miles of road and bridges.
- Made historic investments in our children’s education without raising taxes.
Together Gov. Whitmer and Lt. Governor Gilchrist have addressed injustice and inequity across our state at every level, and improved the lives of Michiganders without raising taxes.
Jocelyn Benson for Secretary of State
The Secretary of State has enormous power over our communities, serving as both chief election officer and motor vehicle administrator. Secretary Jocelyn Benson is an accomplished leader committed to protecting our democracy.
In her first term, Secretary Benson:
- Made it easier to vote through various efforts including no-reason absentee voting.
- Ensured a safe, secure and transparent 2020 Presidential Election, which saw a historic turnout of 5.5 million voters.
- Defended the electoral processes against efforts to take away Black voter power.
- Launched efforts to engage underrepresented voters.
- Greatly reduced DMV wait times by implementing new customer service initiatives.
The stakes are high in this election. Secretary Benson’s far-right challenger seeks to undermine the will of the people to take control of Michigan elections. Re-elect Secretary Benson who will continue protecting every vote and every voice.
We’re also endorsing:
Dana Nessel for Attorney General
Rashida Tlaib for U.S. Representative, 12th congressional district
You must be a registered voter to participate in this election. Register to vote or confirm your registration status here.
Support our Work
Your contribution will support Color Of Change PAC’s volunteer organizing and get out the vote efforts in Michigan and in critical races across the nation.